Worry is Worthless

“Worry is a heavy burden, but a kind word always brings cheer.” (Proverbs 12:25)

You may have heard “90 percent of things we worry about never happen.” It’s also true: “…worrying can’t fix the other 10 percent. So, why worry at all?”

One FaceBooker wrote, “Worry Works! 90% of the things I worry about never happen.” That’s obviously a joke, but I hope they don’t worry 90% of their life away trying to prove it.

Consider this: most things you worry about never happen at all. Some of your worries happen but end up being a good thing. Some things we worry about DO happen, and are bad, but not nearly as bad as expected. Some things do happen and are bad, but in the middle of our worst, we see God demonstrate His faithfulness.

Watchmen have good reason for concern. We see the enemy. Our job is overwhelming, and many people resist our warnings. Is that reason for stress? Could be. Is that reason to doubt? If you’ve never seen God work. Is that reason for worry? Only if you have no faith in a God Who is bigger than the impossible.

Strong faith is a result of seeing God’s faithfulness in the middle of our worst moments, not the result of living a carefree life with no worries and no need for God.

Prayer

God, You are bigger than my biggest worry. I submit my life to You. I release all my worries and embrace Your faithfulness. Please grow my faith.

 

©2018 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.

 

Leave a Reply