A Watchkid is a person who wants to serve God by serving others. It’s easy! A Watchkid will keep their eyes open and ask Jesus to show them who needs some help or kindness. It could be a new neighbor, a lonely kid at school, a sick person at church, or your family member. Watchkids know that it is their mission to watch for the hurting and then help!
As a Watchkid, how do I help others?
Start small! You don’t have to buy big presents to show someone the love of Jesus. Think about something you’re good at and start there. Is it baseball? Making friendship bracelets? Dancing? Listening? Find ways to help others using your special talents! Ask a parent or guardian to share their suggestions! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Invite someone to sit/play with you
- Bake a batch of cookies to share
- Teach someone your special talent
- Pray for someone
- Write a letter to make someone smile
- Make a craft and leave it on your neighbor’s porch
- Invite a friend to church
- Give one of your toys to someone in need
- Write someone a story or poem
- Do a chore for someone else
What do I do now?
- Pray and ask God to help you see who to help and how to help.
- Ask a parent or guardian for their ideas.
- Invite a friend to join you in this good work.
- Start your own Watchkid Club. Go on missions. Work together to help and serve others.
- Write to us and tell us how you were able to reach out and show the love of Christ this week! You may see your story on our website to help inspire other Watchkids. Have a parent or friend help you send a note (and picture if you like) with your story to: email@example.com.
“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
(1 John 3:18)
©2018 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.