There is Hope in the Lord
Depression and despair are on the rise. A darkness is falling on the world. Christians, particularly Watchmen, need to exude hope. The verses below provide reasons for hope and illuminate the path toward hope.
Many find that speaking about hope—and how Jesus offers hope, is an effective way to begin conversations designed to reach people for Christ. The world is suffering the cumulative effect of sin through the ages. Hearts are heavy. Darkness is falling. Apostasy in the church is on the rise. As the day of the return of the Lord draws near, Watchmen must seize and create opportunities to point people to Christ—the eternal Source of hope.
Be encouraged by the verses below. Print them out and post them where you will see them daily. Encourage your spirit with the live worship-hour recording and teaching on hope at the end of this article.
REASONS FOR HOPE
- God’s promises are sure and serve as an anchor during the storms of life: “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” (Hebrews 6:19a)
- Jesus is the “sure foundation.” He is the One you can rely on and trust in: “So this is what the Sovereign LORD says: ‘See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic.’” (Isaiah 28:16)
- God has a plan for you: ”’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God offers rest and peace to those who place their faith in Him: “Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him.” (Psalm 62:5)
- Know that a reward is coming: “And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.” (1 Peter 5:10)
THE PATH TO HOPE
- Trust in God (he loves me): “Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD their God.” (Psalms 46:5)
- Fix your mind on the things of God: “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- Wait on the Lord in quiet expectation: “The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.” (Lamentations 3:25-26)
- Be strong in your faith. Remember, strength is not determined by how many pounds you can lift, but by how well you can lift your voice in praise when trials and tribulations come: “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.” (Psalm 31:24)
- Call out to God for help. “From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.” (Psalm 61:2)
- Rejoice in the Lord as you wait on the Lord to move: “We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.” (Psalm 33:20-21)
- Believe your God is always bigger than your problem: “They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.” (Psalm 112:7)
Enjoy this LIVE WORSHIP HOUR recording and a teaching on hope. No matter how circumstances look now, you can rise out of the pit of despair.
©2020 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.
I Am A Watchman Ministries materials are copyrighted. Use and redistribution are subject to standard Fair Use Guidelines – Any use in published work (either print or ebooks) must include the copyright reference: “Copyrighted resource of iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.” NOTE: Articles which are re-posted online, in part or total, must include the above statement. We ask that re-posts also include an active link to www.iamawatchman.com