The Sheep and Goat Judgment
There are three future judgments mentioned in the Bible. The first is the BEMA Seat Judgment. Scripture profiles that judgment in 2 Cor 5:10; Rom. 14:10-12 and 1 Cor. 3:13-15. It is for believers only, and will likely take place soon after the Rapture.
The second judgment is the Sheep and Goat Judgment, so named because of the language Jesus uses in Matthew 25:31-46. This judgment will take place at the end of the Tribulation, just after the decisive Battle of Armageddon.
A general overview of the events that will lead up to the Sheep and Goat Judgment follows:
- Present-day: The earth will continue to experience what Jesus referred to as birth pains (Matthew 24). There will be an increase in geologic and volcanic activity, animal die-offs, pandemics, cosmic anomalies, famine, civil unrest, strange weather, and military conflicts. The I AM A WATCHMAN team, and many Bible scholars believe that soon, Jesus will return to rescue His followers (the Church) from the deteriorating world. He will swiftly catch-up faithful believers in an event known as the Rapture. Click here for additional information on the Rapture.
- Soon after the Rapture, believers, in heaven, will participate in the Bema Seat Judgment. Click here for additional information on the Bema Seat Judgment.
- Soon after the Rapture, the Antichrist will broker a peace agreement that includes and likely centers on Israel. The signing of this peace agreement initiates the 7-year Tribulation period. Click here for additional information on the Antichrist.
- The Tribulation Period will be a time of unprecedented sorrow. There will be war, plague, great earthquakes, darkness, the poisoning of water, and much more. Click here for additional information on the Tribulation.
- For many months, the world will view the Antichrist as a genius, a hero, and an extraordinary diplomat. However, he will gradually tighten his reigns and increase his control over individual nations and world systems. In time he will dominate global economies, control armies, and establish a one-world religion. Click here for a video teaching on the Antichrist.
- 5 years into the 7-year Tribulation, the Antichrist will proclaim himself to be god and will try to force individuals to worship him by demanding all take the Mark of the Beast. Receiving the Mark is tied to a commitment to worship the Antichrist. Those who take the Mark of the Beast can no longer enter into a relationship with Christ and be saved. Those who refuse to take the Mark will not be able to buy or sell and will be hunted down and put to death. Click here for additional information on the Mark of the Beast.
- The 7-year Tribulation will end with the Battle of Armageddon. In this battle, the armies of the Antichrist will march against Jerusalem. Though vastly outnumbered, faithful believers in Christ and Jews will make a stand in the city. When all seems lost, Jesus will return, bringing with Him those Raptured and believers martyred during the Tribulation.
With a word, Jesus will vanquish those attacking Jerusalem. The Antichrist and his right-hand man, known as the False Prophet, are condemned, bound, and thrown into the Lake of Fire for a thousand years. This will mark the beginning of the Millennial Reign of Christ. Matthew records Jesus’ words describing this monumental time in history:
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by My Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world” (Matt. 24:31-34).
The Sheep and Goat Judgment will be on earth; after the Battle of Armageddon, and before the commencement of the Millennial Reign of Christ. Faithful followers of Christ (the sheep) will live on a renewed earth during His Millennial Reign (Revelation 20:2, 4-5; Revelation 21:5-7; 1 John 5;5 and Revelation 2:11). Click here for additional information on the Millennial Reign of Christ.
Matthew 25 concludes with information on what will happen to unbelievers (the goats):
41 “Then He [Jesus] will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels…’ Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” (Matthew 25:41,46)
Prayer: Lord, please help me to be found faithful and in right relationship with you so to be rescued, in the Rapture, from the tribulations coming to this world. And Lord, help me to know how I can be of some help to the lost and searching not taken in the Rapture. Reveal to me what I can leave or hide resources that can be used to draw individuals to Christ, and help them be strong in the faith—strong enough to refuse to take the Mark of the Beast. And finally, Lord help me learn and be bold enough to share this information with my friends and family.
©2020 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.
I Am A Watchman Ministries materials are copyrighted. Use and redistribution are subject to standard Fair Use Guidelines – Any use in published work (either print or ebooks) must include the copyright reference: “Copyrighted resource of iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.” NOTE: Articles which are re-posted online, in part or total, must include the above statement. We ask that re-posts also include an active link to www.iamawatchman.com