Jesus taught that there would be a season of birth pains before the Rapture, the rise of the Antichrist, and the commencement of the seven-year Tribulation (Matthew 24; Luke 21). These birth pains will intensify until the return of the Lord in the Rapture.
The IAAW team joins with prophecy scholars who believe there will be a fierce shaking before the Rapture. This does not mean one should not be ready for the Rapture today. The Rapture CAN happen at any moment, and it is critically important to be spiritually prepared for His coming.
However, it is possible, if not probable, that God will shake the world one last time to prompt people to look up, to show that Bible prophecy is inspired and true, to warn that unimaginable tribulations are coming, and to prompt people to surrender pride and enter into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
Scripture notes that humanity is “stubborn and rebellious.” Freedom to worship, an abundance of discipleship resources, multiple Christian channels and stations, and many fine Christian authors and pastors have not been viewed as a gift from God, nor are they welcomed and embraced by most in the world. God has used economic uncertainty, increased earthquake activity, civil unrest, the pandemic, and more to prompt humanity to turn to him. But for the most part, in the last five years, society has moved further from God rather than closer.
A good parent who sees their child moving toward danger will call out to them—that’s what God has been doing. If the child continues to move toward the fire, the good parent will raise their voice in the hope of capturing their attention and saving them from harm. We believe that likely, that is what the Lord is about to do.
The Rapture will come suddenly—not without proper warning, but most will be taken by surprise. Those not taken in the Rapture will have to live through the most difficult, oppressive, and violent period the world has ever known. Individuals will be able to be saved, but it will be exceedingly difficult to live as a Christian in those dark days.
We plead for all to come to Christ before the Rapture, and for believers to be prepared for the final shaking that may come.
Being prepared for disruptions in services is wise and positions believers to be able to help and witness when most are desperate and struggling. It is in these moments that great witnessing opportunities arise. Be ready to endure—be ready to serve. Below is a brief listing of things we encourage believers to do and items to have on hand. Pray, ask God to guide your steps and anoint you with grace, peace, and wisdom. As darkness comes, now is the time to shine bright as a witness and servant for the Lord.
- Be prepared.
- Be positioned to help and serve, not panic.
- Have resources (and a plan) to help/serve others.
- Pray for opportunities to witness for the Lord by sharing the love of the Lord.
- Be ready to be a powerful witness for the Lord by being ready to 1) share your testimony 2) pray with others 3) provide biblically-based answers to common questions 4) share Scripture as appropriate 5) ask if someone is ready to become a faithful follower of Jesus Christ 6) lead someone to Christ.
What to do—what to have on hand/stock up on
- Keep your cars filled up/charged up.
- Have cash on hand (small denominations).
- Keep well stocked on your medications.
- Purchase extra (common) medical supplies (bandages, aspirin, alcohol, etc.).
- Be well supplied with water.
- Consider having an alternate form of transportation (such as a bicycle).
- Consider purchasing water purification kits.
- Be well stocked on non-perishable food.
- Stock up on battery or solar-powered lighting.
- Stock up on batteries, candles, and matches.
- Stock up on wood if you have a fireplace (or pellets if you have a pellet stove).
- Secure an INDOOR generator if you think you will need to power your pellet stove.
- Store extra gasoline in 5-gallon containers.
- Purchase extra bedding/blankets.
- Purchase camping gear such as lanterns, flashlights, sleeping bags, handi-wipes, rope, propane cooking stove, etc.
- Store extra propane.
- Purchase and know how to use mace or pepper spray (some means of protection).
- Consider purchasing solar charging devices and lighting.
- Consider purchasing a multi-band/emergency band radio.
- Consider purchasing a generator.
- Have key tools organized and readily accessible.
- Know how to turn off gas to your house (and have the tool to accomplish that task readily available).
- Consider purchasing extra (large) coats, gloves, hats, and socks.
- Consider purchasing extra hygiene kits (toothpaste, brush, soap, comb/brush, washcloth, small towels, etc.).
- Consider purchasing paper or plastic goods so you can serve food (plates, napkins, utensils, cups).
- Consider purchasing extra towels.
- Consider creating a library of Christian books/literature that can be given away.
- Consider having a supply of Rapture Kits on hand. Visit RaptureKit.org for more information on this discipleship and evangelism resource.
- Consider purchasing small (non-electric) games or comfort items for bored or frightened children (cards, stuffed animals, board games, puzzles, etc.).
©2022 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.
I Am A Watchman Ministries materials are copyrighted. Use and redistribution are subject to standard Fair Use Guidelines – Any use in published work (either print or ebooks) must include the copyright reference: “Copyrighted resource of iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.” NOTE: Articles which are re-posted online, in part or total, must include the above statement. We ask that re-posts also include an active link to www.iamawatchman.com