Becoming a Christian (being saved) is the single-most important decision any individual can make. The decision to become a follower of Christ will determine your eternal destiny. All have an eternal soul. Being saved determines where that soul will be in the age to come, forever.
Receiving Christ as your personal Lord and Savior is easy enough for anyone to understand. The four-step plan of How to Become a Christian is noted below.
Some refer to this process as being saved (1 John 2:2; Acts 4:12) or being born again (see John 3:3 and 2 Cor. 5:17). Born-again believers are disciples and followers of Christ. They are forgiven, restored into right relationship with God, sealed by the Holy Spirit and promised eternal life with Jesus in His heavenly Kingdom.
The love of God and sacrifice of Jesus at Calvary makes salvation possible. What an opportunity and gift of grace we have been given. How wonderful it is to be enveloped in the grace of God. How wonderful it is to have the hope of heaven.
The simple four-step plan below outlines how you can be saved. For additional information please view our How to Become a Christian video below.
Born again believers are disciples and followers of Christ. The courageous identify as Watchmen (Ezekiel 33:1-9). Those who believe in Jesus Christ are saved by Jesus Christ. Their sins are forgiven and they are assured of eternal life in heaven.
FOUR STEPS TO SALVATION
- Acknowledge that God has not been first place in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins.
- “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from every wrong.” (1 John 1:9)
- Believe that Jesus died to pay for your sins and that He rose again and is alive today.
- “If you confess that Jesus is your Lord, and you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
- “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name [Jesus] by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
- Accept God’s gift of salvation.
- “For it is by grace you are saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Eph. 2:8-9)
- Restoring our relationship with God is not based on anything we do, but on what Jesus already did for us!
- Ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and be Lord of your life.
- “To all who receive Him, He gives the right to become children of God.” (John 1:2)
- [Jesus said] “Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in.” (Revelation 3:20)
You can begin a new life in the faith by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God.
“Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me, even when I’ve ignored You and have gone my own way. I realize I need You in my life and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask You to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand Your love, and Your will for my life, more and more. As much as I know how I want to follow You from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept Your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a Christian. Thank you, Jesus!”
©2018 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.
I Am A Watchman Ministries materials are copyrighted. Use or redistribution are subject to standard Fair Use Guidelines – Any use in published work (either print or ebooks) must include the copyright reference: “Copyrighted resource of iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.” NOTE: Articles which are re-posted online, in part or total, must include the above statement. We ask that re-posts also include an active link to www.iamawatchman.com