The I Am A Watchman ministry team believes Scripture supports the teaching that many will come to faith after the Rapture and during the Tribulation period.
We recognize that at this time the Spirit lives in the hearts of believers (1 John 3:24; 1 Cor. 3:16), that it is the Spirit who draws individuals to Christ (Rom. 8:16; Matt. 16), and that the working of the Spirit on earth may change after believers are Raptured (2 Thessalonians 2:6-7). However, it does not necessarily follow that the Spirit will not be at work on earth after the Rapture.
To make this assumption is to set limits on the power and working of God. It is true that God, through the Spirit, resides in the hearts of believers, but not only in the hearts of believers.
The Spirit shares the attributes of God, is God, and is omnipresent. Though there may be a change in the way the Spirit works in the last days (just as there was a change in the working of the Spirit before and after Pentecost), we believe the Spirit of God will be active on earth during the Tribulation period and lead many to come to faith in Christ.
Following are 12 reasons to believe individuals can come to faith in Christ during the Tribulation period:
- Acts 2:18-22 references passages in Joel and Matthew 24, which have ties to Tribulation-period events. In verse 21, we read: “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” The primary recipients of the promise are those who live through the Tribulation period events profiled in verses 19-20.
- Acts 2:38-39 references God’s gifts of forgiveness and salvation. In verse 39, we read, “The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off – for all who the Lord our God will call.” Those “far off” includes those who come to faith during the Tribulation.
- The 144,000 sealed witnesses referenced in Revelation 7 will be evangelists who lead many to faith.
- Revelation 7:9 notes that those who come to faith during the Tribulation are from every tribe, nation, people, and tongue. This stands in contradiction to the teaching that ONLY Jews will come to faith during the Tribulation.
- The book of Revelation includes several large numbers. For example, the number 144,000 in chapter seven, and the number 200,000,000 in chapter nine. However, Revelation 7:9,14 states that those who come to faith and die during the Tribulation are too numerous to count. Therefore, one can infer that not only is it possible to be saved during the Tribulation but also, that the number of those who come to faith during the Tribulation exceeds the number of troops referenced in Revelation 9:16 – which is 200,000,000.
- Revelation 6:9-11 and 20:4 record that many will die for their faith in Christ during the Tribulation period.
- The Two Witnesses referenced in Revelation 11 will preach the Gospel and lead many to faith.
- Those who take the Mark of the Beast (Revelation 13) forfeit their ability to be saved – indicating that those who do not take the Mark can become followers of Christ.
- The angel sent to earth in Revelation 14:6-7 proclaims an evangelistic message – beckoning people to turn to God and believe in Christ as their Savior.
- According to Zechariah 14, the defenders of Jerusalem during the battle of Armageddon are believers in the Lord. These are individuals who come to faith during the Tribulation.
- According to Zechariah 14, Jesus will supernaturally annihilate his enemies at the battle of Armageddon. Many believers in Christ will survive the battle; these will live in peace with Jesus (on earth) during His Millennial Reign.
- Zechariah 13:7-9 indicates that 1/3 of the Jewish population will come to faith in Christ during the Tribulation period.
The I Am A Watchman ministry team believes that individuals will have the opportunity to turn to Christ during the Tribulation period, and that prophecy indicates the number of salvation decisions during that time will exceed 200,000,000. It is, therefore, necessary to consider:
- Fact: One day soon, Jesus will rescue the true Church in an event Christians refer to as the Rapture. Those instantaneously taken in the Rapture will include pastors, teachers, and ministry leaders. Soon after the Rapture, there will likely be prohibitions on Christian literature, radio, television programming, and education centers.
- Question: How will the many who have spiritual questions following the Rapture learn the truth about what has happened and what is going to happen in the days to come?
- Question: How will those left behind learn about Christ and know how to be saved?
- Question: How will those left behind mature in the faith so to become the next generation of teachers, evangelists, and ministry leaders in the post-Rapture world?
The I Am A Watchman ministry believes Christians should have a concern for those left behind in the Rapture. As a ministry, I Am A Watchman is investing heavily in developing creative resources designed to reach into the post-Rapture world to answer questions, facilitate many salvations, and help individuals grow in Christ.
Standing-up ministry resources for this epic time in history is a novel way to think about missions. It is also a way to share in the fulfillment of prophecies regarding the harvest of Tribulation-period believers.
We invite you to partner with us in this good work by providing prayerful and financial support. Click HERE to make a one time or recurring donation in support of the I Am A Watchman ministry.
Those who would like information on resources designed for the post-Rapture world are invited to contact us HERE.
©2018 iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved.
I Am A Watchman Ministries materials are copyrighted. Use and redistribution are subject to standard Fair Use Guidelines – Any use in published work (either print or ebooks) must include the copyright reference: “Copyrighted resource of iamawatchman, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission.” NOTE: Articles which are re-posted online, in part or total, must include the above statement. We ask that re-posts also include an active link to www.iamawatchman.com